Hey guys, happy Thursday! So it’s September, and summer is over. Maybe it’s still pretty warm wherever in the world you are (or maybe it’s hot no matter what time of the year where you live), but for those of us who live in seasonal countries it’s starting to get colder! Like a lot of people I love summer but there are times when I just wish that summer was over. In celebration of the fall season arriving, I decided to do a list of both the reasons why I’m glad that summer is over and the reasons why I’m glad that autumn is here!
Why I’m Glad That Summer is Over
- I can start wearing more comfy clothing! I love summer fashion but sometimes I wish I could add more comfortable layers without melting.
- Foundation won’t melt off of your face, and/or rub off on your sunglasses/glasses.
- I’m incredibly pale; going out in the sun without sun cream is basically an invitation for skin cancer. And I hate wearing sun cream, it’s sticky and annoying 😦
- I can wear my hair down without it sticking to my neck!
- No more underarm sweat.
- No more boob sweat. Yikes.
- I can start my chunky boots again! And cute socks!
- I don’t have to keep feeding my dogs ice cubes and putting wet bandanas around their necks to cool them down 😦
- I won’t need to have a shower every time I walk my dogs
- No more mosquitos! I hate them 😡
- I can drink hot drinks again without dying from heat stroke
- I won’t need to paint my toenails every time the polish starts to chip – nobody will be seeing them anyway :p
Reasons Why I’m Glad That It’s Now Autumn
- Cosy sweaters! There’s nothing better than the feeling of getting all wrapped up in your comfiest clothes 🙂
- I can start wearing my leather jacket again – which really helps to make look like less of a clumsy fool and more like someone that’s actually cool :p (rhyming, yeah!)
- As stated above; I can put my tea collection and my cute cup to good use!
- It’s cooler than in the summer, but to a comfortable degree. I’m not freezing when I go out, but I’m not dying of heat stroke either.
- Autumn fashion! Dark lips! Red lips! All the make-up choices!
- Hot baths are actually relaxing now – I’ve got to get myself some Lush bath bombs immediately 🙂
- The leaves look all pretty as they start to go brown…I know some people might find them annoying because they have to keep sweeping them up, but I think it looks really pretty! And I get to step on the leaves and crunch them! Everybody loves crunchy leaves 🙂
- Again, less mosquitos. Always a bonus.
- Halloween is coming! I never get invited to Halloween parties because I have no friends (:(), but I still dress up every year and watch horror movies all day and night. I just force the boyf to watch them with me, and if he won’t my dogs are always down for some extra cuddles and attention while I watch! I love Halloween ❤
- My lack of social life is less obvious. In the summer everyone is like ‘oh you should get out more’, but in the autumn everyone stops badgering me about that and they let me watch my YouTube videos all day in peace, because nobody wants to go out so much when it’s colder!
- All the kids go back to school…less crowded shopping centres, parks, cinemas…etc.
- It’s the beginning of school/college/university and you’re only just starting to learn the syllabus – no need for exam stress yet!
- And finally, I can take my dogs on longer walks because they’re not struggling in the heat 🙂
Hope everyone enjoyed this list, have I missed anything out? What’s your favourite season?
If you haven’t already, please check out my latest cover video on YouTube (I’ll link down below).
Hope you all are having great weeks so far!
Until next time guys